You've decided to get your body in shape without any health damage. And if you want to do it with great pleasure, then yoga classes for weight loss will be a good choice for you.
Exercise, in addition to a special life philosophy called yoga, will not only help your body to be slimmer, more flexible and more mobile, but also to change your attitude towards life, emotional and psychological state in stressful situations.
Because of its multifaceted effects, many people choose yoga as one of the most effective ways to lose weight.
How does yoga deal with obesity?
Yoga for weight loss has the characteristics of yoga to keep the body in physical shape or yoga for psychological relaxation and relaxation. Such categories include the following key elements:
- There is a significant acceleration of metabolism in the body, because metabolism improves and fat cells are not stored in reserves, but are burned several times faster, the process of losing weight begins. The increase in metabolism is due to special exercises called shat karma. Their main task is to purify and ensure the supply of maximum possible oxygen to the cells of the human body. Once you understand the basic principle of proper breathing in yoga class for weight loss, you can feel light. After that, the habit of proper breathing becomes daily.
- It's a complete overhaul of diet and eating habits - an individual gains useful skills in eating exceptionally healthy products, in small portions, usually at the same time, leading to rapid weight loss.
- Yoga classes for weight loss provide the whole body with the necessary exercise, at the same time, do not lead to overexertion or fatigue. It is important to understand that it is impossible to completely exclude exercise, as the most effective burning of extra calories takes place precisely because of exercise. In addition, thanks to yoga for weight loss, certain muscle groups are pumped, the body is inflated and stretched. Thanks to persistent training, after a certain amount of time, you will notice not only the reduction in extra pounds, but also the number of centimeters in the problem areas of the image that you need.
It is wise to keep in mind that some muscle groups have a very hard time being affected by exercise and therefore it is sometimes difficult to achieve weight loss in problem areas. These muscles include the inner thighs or gluteus muscles.
Properly selected group of yoga exercises will help to distribute the load throughout the body correctly and focus on exactly the problem areas where weight loss is most needed.
Yoga essential for weight loss
All those who decide to lose weight during yoga classes should be prepared for the fact that the weight does not disappear too fast but the results achieved will be maintained for a long time. The effects of classes are not clearly noticeable and are the reason for the simultaneous formation of muscle mass with weight loss, when toned and pumped up muscles replace the fat layer. Therefore, it is better to notice changes in the figure according to clothes and centimeters during yoga classes for weight loss and on the way to the goal and measures the volume of the waist, hips and chest. Weight loss on a scale may be delayed.
Yoga Professionals who can help you choose individual weight loss exercises, if you wish, can replace most of the strength training exercises with stretching, so that muscle growth can be significantly reduced. Instead, there is grace, flexibility, femininity, team mobility and the general lightness that comes with every weight loss.
If you, in addition to developing flexibility and weight loss, have a desire to achieve muscle definition, then you should pay more attention to strength training. At the same time, one should not forget that yoga classes are always held at a slow pace where harmony is at rest and activity. This is the hallmark of such workouts - despite general fatigue, you will feel strength and energy after exercise.
When it comes to eating well, most people do not need to put in extra effort to lose weight. It is surprising that the desire to eat junk food disappears by itself and the awareness of the need for proper nutrition for weight loss comes naturally.
How should you do yoga? Yoga classes for weight loss
Researchers have found that regular weight loss yoga not only provides temporary results but also reduces stomach upset, which in turn leads to a reduction in the amount of food consumed and the prolongation of proper nutrition. In addition, stress is present in every person's life, to varying degrees.
The vast majority of people struggle with their manifestation by consuming food constantly, even when they do not feel hungry. For such people, it is simply important to consume strong foods, sweets and such habits lead to weight gain. It is in this case that yoga for weight loss is the best option, as it is not only a complex exercise but also a psychological relief, because the effects of stress on the human body are minimized.
- Do not practice yoga on uneven, rough, sticky or other uncomfortable surfaces. This is best done on a flat surface - the floor. In the cold season you can use special blankets or spinning devices - soft blankets, bedding and blankets.
- Weight loss must be on an empty stomach. Overeating contributes to drowsiness, muscle relaxation and decreased concentration.
- A minor illness, provided you feel good, is not a reason to skip exercise. If there are more serious health problems - temporary or long-term, the course should be resumed only after consulting a doctor.
- Pregnancy is not a contraindication to yoga, but in this case a special set of exercises should be used, taking into account the woman's condition and pregnancy. You can use ready-made complexes, or if you have special requests regarding loads, contact a professional trainer to prepare a special program.
- During lactation, yoga classes for weight loss are not contraindicated. They do not affect the amount of milk, have a positive effect on the general condition of the body and help to restore physical shape after birth and lose weight. But regarding the question of when it is possible to start a course and how long it should take after the birth of the child, it is only an individual question, which depends on how the birth went (naturally or by caesarean section), whether there were complications and other factors. . When resolving this issue, you should definitely seek the advice of a gynecologist or obstetrician who gave birth to the baby.
Which yoga exercises are suitable for weight loss goals?
For those people for whom yoga has become a hobby and way of life, as well as a way to fight extra pounds, it should be remembered that its main purpose is to keep the body and health in good shape.
At the same time, the physical activity that comes with each workout will help you get rid of excess body fat, and regular exercise will help maintain a steady weight level and prevent sudden jumps that in turn lead to sagging skin, unattractive appearance and general deterioration. human health.
For most effective yoga classes for weight loss, you should build their system as follows:
- Do not look for excuses to skip exercises and do not skip exercise during exercise. It is through sustained effort that you can achieve your goals. At the same time, hard training will quickly lead to a planned outcome and weight loss. However, due to age characteristics, medical contraindications and other factors, one should choose a unique weight loss program that, as the exercise shows, will be much more effective compared to comprehensive exercise complexes.
- If you experience body pain after yoga due to weight loss, you should definitely inform your trainer or even contact your doctor. The reason for this may be a latent disease, which may be a contraindication to exercises of this kind or increased exercise in general, or improper performance of the proposed exercises. Shortness of breath is the only feeling that can be present after active weight loss training or stretching exercises. You can get rid of it by taking a hot bath. In addition, some people find these feelings fun and indications that the training is going well and that you are on the right track to your goal.
Main yoga poses and their meaning in losing weight:
- rotation is not difficult to perform, but they have a very positive effect on the gut. Improving its permeability, on the other hand, has the most beneficial effect on the metabolic process and the fight against extra kilos;
- Standing Position - Helps to improve coordination and balance. Thanks to their use, the muscles in the back and abdomen as well as the spine are strengthened, which promotes weight loss;
- reverse position - affects the general condition of the thyroid gland, as well as the back muscles. However, their action or balance with a softer position relative to the spinal muscles must be reduced;
- inclinations in different variants are essential elements of good elasticity;
- Relaxing posture, including meditation, helps to reduce tension in all muscle groups and, surprisingly, has the best effect on the process of losing weight. It is recommended to use such postures not only for training several times a week, but also every day at home, which not only helps to calm the feelings that have accumulated in you during the day, but also gently relax the muscles and give themrequired minimum tone.
What to look for when doing yoga
If you do not have professional experience, weight loss yoga classes will not be too effective for you, because studying yoga usually does not lead to an understanding of the basics of what can be learned in individual or group sessions with a trainer.
If you have such an experience, you can continue to train at home, taking into account all previously received recommendations. It should be borne in mind that yoga is not just a combination of exercise, but a special way and a number of factors that have a positive effect on the results in the form of weight loss. Therefore, while doing so yourself, you should observe certain conditions:
- Comfortable temperature, well-ventilated room;
- Comfortable clothing that should not be too tight in your image;
- The absence of external odors, especially food, which is very often present in the home environment. They can make you focus on your own inner world;
- Lack of external noise - Television, telephones, running children and other essential features of the home environment do not give you a feeling of peace and the training will not be in full force, which affects the achievement of goals;
- You must be sure that you are doing all the exercises correctly, otherwise you will not only be able to achieve your goal of losing weight but also risk damaging your health. It is advisable that all major yoga asanas have been mastered and your trainer has confirmed the quality of their practice. And do not think that if no one monitors you at home and does not force you to train at home, then you can work at half strength - it depends on the effort you put into how fast you can lose weight and maintain results for a long time.
Yoga is not only a temporary exercise, but also a way of life, as well as a healthy habit that is very difficult to get rid of. So that's all! We recommend that you also read the article on how to lose weight without dieting. See you soon in new issues.