The Maggi diet is a low calorie diet that lasts for 4 weeks. Protein-rich foods are used in the daily diet and the consumption of fats and carbohydrates is limited.
The name of the diet comes from Margaret, as the nutritional plan was created by the Mayo Clinic specifically for Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the 1980s.
There are two options for the diet - eggs (based on the use of eggs, fruits, vegetables and meat) and cheese ("dacha"). Maggi diet is used for allergies to chicken eggs and involves replacing each egg with 100 g of cheese.
Subject to all dietary rules, you can lose 3 to 5 pounds a week. In general, the weight goes over the first week by reducing inflammation and the release of excess water from the body and then the process of losing weight can be slow.
To make your Maggi egg diet more effective for 4 weeks, you must follow these dietary guidelines:
- Your daily diet should consist of 3 main meals. In case of severe hunger, it is permissible to eat one non-starchy vegetable (carrot, cucumber), but not earlier than 2 hours after the main meal.
- Do not use sugar in any way.
- Include in the menu only foods that are allowed in the diet and do not interfere with the order of meals.
- Drink at least 1, 5 liters of water throughout the day, including tea and coffee without sugar.
- Do not use vegetables, butter and other oils in cooking.
- Do not overuse spices, as spices contain essential molasses that increase appetite.
Do not and may not do (table)
Foods that can be consumed during the diet are low in calories, as they are low in fat and carbohydrates. In addition to protein products such as eggs and meat, it is allowed to include vegetables on the menu, mostly raw.
The minimum amount of fruit and berries with a low fructose content should be included in the Magee diet. On average, you can eat up to 300 g of one type of fruit and berry to choose per day.
|Food||What you can eat||What You Can't Eat/strongzxtd>|
|Pastries||Wholemeal Bread Yesterday||White bread and pastries, soft and durum wheat pasta|
|Meat, poultry||Turkey, chicken, rabbit, veal||Lamb|
|Fish||Low-fat fish (flounder, fish oil, cod, pollock, pollock, etc. ), seafood||Mackerel, herring, beluga, halibut, saury, sprat, halibut, straw|
|Dairy Products||Low fat cottage cheese (not fat free), low fat cheeses||Fat cottage cheese, cheese, sugar yoghurt, heavy cream|
|Grain||All types of grain from grain|
|Vegetables||Peppers, broccoli, all kinds of cabbage, fermented sauerkraut, carrots, onions, garlic, cucumbers, tomatoes, green beans, mushrooms, spinach, lettuce, sorrel||Potatoes|
|Fruits||Apricot, cherry, plum, blueberry, blackberry, cranberry, lemon, lime, raspberry, strawberry, apple, pear||Bananas, grapes, melons, watermelons|
|Dried fruits||Dates, figs and other dried fruits|
|Drinks||Tea, coffee||Alcoholic beverages, sugary drinks|
4 Week Original Maggi Diet Menu
The symptoms of the first and second week of the Maggi diet are the same breakfast of eggs and fruits, which helps the body to adapt to dietary changes.
Chicken eggs contain protein, healthy fats and vitamins to ensure long-term satiety, so your daily breakfast for the first 14 days should include 2 hard-boiled eggs, grapefruit, tea or sugar-free coffee.
From the beginning of the third week until the end of the diet, breakfast can consist of other things, depending on the advice and wishes of each individual.
- Lunch: one type of fruit.
- Dinner: Baked low-fat meat with vegetable salad.
- Lunch: boiled chicken breast with vegetables.
- Dinner: whole grain crown, two eggs, cucumber salad, unheated tomatoes, grapefruit or orange.
- Lunch: 30-50 g cheese, wholemeal toast, tomatoes.
- Dinner: steamed fish (300 g) with vegetables.
- Lunch: 350 g of one fruit.
- Dinner: boiled meat, vegetable salad with herbs.
- Lunch: 2 eggs, 300 g of dish of your choice (boiled carrots with green beans or boiled zucchini with beans).
- Dinner: 200 g fish (grilled, baked or boiled), green salad with cucumbers and Chinese cabbage, grapefruit.
- Lunch: up to 300 g of fruit.
- Dinner: 250 g of meat with vegetable salad of cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and dill.
- Lunch: chicken breast, 150 g of boiled vegetables (cabbage, zucchini, tomato, pepper), fresh tomato, 1 grapefruit.
- Dinner: vegetables of the same type (cabbage or zucchini), cooked or boiled.
- Lunch: salad of vegetables (cucumbers, green salad, onions) and chicken breast.
- Dinner: two eggs, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and herbs, grapefruit.
- Lunch: boiled or baked meat, fresh vegetables (including green salad).
- Dinner: two soft-boiled eggs, grapefruit or orange.
- Lunch: grilled meat with cucumbers and tomatoes.
- Dinner: same as the day before.
- Lunch: stew (cabbage, zucchini, carrots), 30 g cheese, 2 eggs.
- Dinner: two hard-boiled eggs.
- Lunch: any amount of boiled fish.
- Dinner: two soft-boiled eggs.
- Lunch: meat, tomato, one grapefruit.
- Dinner: fruit salad.
- Lunch: boiled or boiled vegetables (carrots, beets, cabbage), poultry, grapefruit.
- Dinner: Like lunch.
At this stage, the Maggi diet is limited to a list of specified products for each day, from which they form independent 4 meals.
Monday: Unlimited fruit.
Tuesday: permissible amount of vegetables (raw and boiled).
Wednesday: Fruit salad, raw and steamed vegetables.
Thursday: fish, cucumbers and tomatoes.
Friday: meat or poultry, boiled vegetables.
Saturday: One fruit all day.
Sunday: same day as the other day (other fruits are allowed).
As in the third week of the Maggi diet, the menu contains a daily portion, which is divided into meals throughout the day in any order.
- 200 g of meat, fish or poultry,
- 1 slice of toast or toast,
- Tomatoes (3 pcs. ),
- Cucumbers (4 pcs. ),
- Grapefruit or orange.
- Everything but fruit, like the day before,
- two fruits to choose from (grapefruit, orange, apple or medium-sized pear).
- 1 tablespoon of cottage cheese,
- 200 g low-fat cheese,
- Vegetarian dish,
- 2 cucumbers and 2 tomatoes,
- Toast or bread,
- Eat half a boiled chicken all day,
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 cucumbers,
- 1 whole grain toast,
- Grapefruit and other fruits to choose from.
- Salad with fresh vegetables of your choice,
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 tomatoes,
- 2 boiled breasts,
- Cottage cheese or feta cheese (150 g),
- A glass of yogurt,
- 3 cucumbers and 3 tomatoes,
- Grapefruit or orange.
- canned tuna in its own juice (1 can);
- vegetable steak (200 g);
- tablespoons of cottage cheese;
- toast or bread
- two tomatoes and a cucumber;
Long-term low calorie intake is a serious strain on the body, because by the end of the fourth week, nutrition should be properly organized.
After Maggi's diet, like other low-carb plans, the risk of overeating flour and sugary foods increases.
To prevent post-diet overeating, you should include foods in your diet as follows:
- Every three days, increase the number of slow carbohydrate meals (buckwheat, bulgur, quinoa, cloves, rye bread) by 20-25 g until the total weight of the carbohydrate intake reaches 250-200 g per day;
- the amount of non-starchy vegetables should be half of your daily diet;
- every day you can eat one large fruit or berries in the amount of 100 g;
- Do not include sweets in your diet, as during your diet your body has lost its habit of eating sweets, so you should not become dependent again;
- eat 3-4 times a day and minimize the number of snacks at other times;
- do not eat 3 hours before bedtime.
Because the Maggi diet consists of large amounts of protein foods that create increased stress on the kidneys and liver, this diet should not be used by people with diseases such as:
- renal failure;
- increased uric acid in the blood; gout.
You should also not use the Maggi diet for eating disorders (ED), e. g. e. people with anorexia, bulimia nervosa and overeating because eating a low calorie diet can increase the problem of ED.